RE: Europa-List: Down for the count - fuel tank leak

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Down for the count - fuel tank leak
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 06:40:43
Steve

I had exactly the same problem at the beginning of the year and
documented
it on this forum under the title =93 Who says life is fair=94. My leak
was in
the same spot as yours. We initially tried a repair, but that didn=92t
work,
so don=92t bother trying it=92s a waste of your time. The only solution
is to
replace the tank as others have said already. Its strange that when I
had my
leak no one seemed to have heard of this problem, now we have had a
couple
more? Are they all occurring in hot climates or is there another
problem?

If you want any help with the actual removal and installation speak to
Bob
Berube who did mine for me and did a great job.

Good Luck

Alan

   _____