Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 9 Msgs - 08/10/07

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 9 Msgs - 08/10/07
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:37:46
RE: Europa-List Digest: 9 Msgs - 08/10/07,I`m interested to know where
you got the mechanical switch and
  what amperes it will switch..

  , > Ferg

  Try any automotive spare part shop like

  http://www.adita.fi/default.asp?file=101

  I Think I hae a modell 1000-0040.

  For example rally cars use it for emergency use.

  After crash rescue service can switch off all the power.

  Mechanical switch is installed outside the car body in that case.

  Why not in planes also (I have not)?

  Amperes; you can be sure it handles "enough" . I have similar

  type switch in my speed boat and no problem to start V8 454 cin.

  If you have two accus you can have two channel model - so you

  are able to use accu #1 or accu #2 or both of them together.

  You use the switch by removable "key", which is usually red.

  If the key is in your pocket, it is difficult to start the engine

  - that is also extra safety.

  Regards, Raimo