RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73
From: Mike Gregory <m.j.gregory@talk21.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 20:12:18
Willie,

My understanding is that the CAA Mandatory Permit Directives 2007/005 and
006 required UK operators to comply with PFA Flight Safety Bulletins
247/FSB-006 and 007 respectively, which in turn are superseded by Mods 73
and 74.  The requirement was for an immediate inspection, followed by
subsequent inspections of certain aspects at 10 flying-hour intervals.

Issue 3 of FSB 006 was dated 12 July 2007, and stated "7. Within 10 flying
hours following the issue of this bulletin, or next permit renewal,
whichever

comes first, Europa modification 73 'Tailplane Retention' must be
incorporated."

Compliance with Mod 73 itself would reset the clock so that further
tailplane inspections would be required at 10-hour intervals after that.

I have not received Francis's letter dated 30 July, but I would be surprised
if it was his intention to reset the start date for FSB 006 unless this was
explicitly stated.  I am copying this to Francis so that he can clarify this
as necessary.

Best regards

Mike

  _____