Europa-List: Vacuum Regulator adjustment ....?/Mod 74 suitable condition

Subject: Europa-List: Vacuum Regulator adjustment ....?/Mod 74 suitable conditions?
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 18:08:26
Hi! All you helpful Europaphiles...

My new Rapco vac Pump (correct direction for a Rotax) doesn't seem to
generate a reading on the vac gauge?
It is turning the gyro's but still no reading.
Probably the carbon vanes need bedding in ? However in the meantime
which way do I turn the regulator adjustment to increase the vacuum?
a) clockwise screw in

OR

b)anticlockwise screw out

I would be obliged for any pointers please.

Further.. Since Mod 74 is structural I'm concerned of the possibility of
achieving the best humidity conditions for the resin to cure. Obviously
temperatures are OK. However in the short term I have to question the
wisdom of disturbing a perfectly serviceable construction to replace it
at this time of year in high humidity conditions. Winter time conditions
I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.
Any comments please or is it a case of "shut up and put up"?

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG

Robt.C.Harrison