Re: Europa-List: Forced landing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Forced landing
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwmsystems.fi>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 00:50:02

Oujes Graham,

trees are better than rocks - you can burn them!

In fact I happily found a (very narrow, only 3 m /10 feet)
road between trees. No damages at all. Reason for forced
landing: upside-down connected trimming cables after major
service. I promise the C172 nose was very heavy after take-off
and I trimmed it to be even more to the maximum. I have always
checked the locigal moving directions of the ailerons, rudder
and tailplanes. After this accident I add to my list also trim.
I hate those ISO9001 qualified workshop failures for certified aircrafts.
This kind of a poor workmanship kills people. My test pilot has had
4 times of forced landing situation and every time it was
because of the repairman error.

Learning: if you wanna be sure fly only by an experimental or
by a new plane (with all those known factory errors)!

Raimo