Europa-List: Propeller optimization; was: Tail Plane Blues

Subject: Europa-List: Propeller optimization; was: Tail Plane Blues
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:03:27

> What have you heard about the Airmaster/Sensenich combination?

It will be unveiled at Oshkosh

> What are the advantages and, if substantial, can the Sensenich blades
> be retro fitted to an original Airmaster configuration...?

I believe (but cannot confirm absolutely) that the Airmaster/Sensenich
combo is a two bladed configuration.

Anyone interested in props and going to Oshkosh may want to check out
Hanger C at booth 3109 and take a look at the Vari Prop exhibit; Vari
Prop is owned by Larry Morgan, a past contributor on europa-list (see
archive post below) and (I believe) the guy who got stiffed for a full
kit when Europa went belly up. Larry will have a three blade CS set up
for RV's w/ rather exotic blades designed by Paul Lipps. Paul has
written me that Larry would be very interested in producing something
specific for the Europa.
Fred