Re: Europa-List: Fuel filters

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel filters
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 20:30:42

Hi Peter,

What is your gasket made from?

In ignorance we have been flying around with a "suspect" gasket and no ill
effects so far (5 years and 150hrs). Can any one with an understanding of
fuel composition/ additives cast any light on the matter. I always thought
that Petrol was - well petrol (or gasoline if you prefer). Diesel on the
other hand attacks all sorts of synthetic meterials and rubbers - including
the paintwork on some cars.

I really cant understand why a gacolator supplied for kit use is so labelled
"not for use with auto fuel".

Why cant they supply a suitable gasket in the first place - its totally
crazy!

Carl Pattinson