Re: Europa-List: Tailplane Recess

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailplane Recess
From: karelvranken <karelvranken@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:15:57

Graham,
When I was reading how the holes must be drilled through the TP6 and TP4 for
the pip pins on the bench with a friend looking at 90 for correct position,
I knew that it was practically impossible to ream the burrs at the
underside. At the same time drilling first through SS TP6 with a cobalt
drill means that you need directly to apply a certain force to have grip
otherwise the drill would slide. This would result in all but perfect
straight pip pins in all but perfect holes. So, before laying up the cloth
on the tailplanes my holes were drilled and reamed. The recesses of 3 x bid
were made and floxed to the rib, the TP6 and the foam. Even small pipes were
glued at the underside to drain eventual captured water before the final lay
ups. Didn't you have the impression of bad amaturisme when executing
following the manuel?
Best regards,
Karel Vranken # 447 F-PKRL