Re: Europa-List: glide ratio

Subject: Re: Europa-List: glide ratio
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 00:17:52

roger cullum a crit :
> i seem to recall seeing approx 500ft /min rate of descent at 75 knots
> best glide speed clean when i was doing my conversion training with
> prop at idle which equates to approx 15:1 in trigear G-OGAN ,bit
> better than the cessna i fly at the
> moment.

Roger,

You mean A LOT better than a Cessna ;-)
Most light airplanes I'm aware of are more in the 750-1000 ft/min range.
15:1 finesse seems a remarkable value indeed. Was it a motorglider
version, or was the ship lightly loaded ? Or the idle setup very high ?

Best regards,
--
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr