Re: Europa-List: Europa Incident

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Incident
From: Tom Friedland <96victor@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 16:45:06
A bit of information.  Ken was very experienced and an airforce c-130
pilot/instructor.  He flew his Europa frequently like once a week.

He took off West into the prevailing wind and to the West there is a large
golf course under the approach to the runway.  The crash site is between the
runway and the golf course.

It seems strange.  A pilot with his experience and one would think if he had
an engine failure that he would elect the natural emegency site ahead.  Can
that mean that there was a control failure or perhaps a sudden medical
cause?  We may never know.

Tom