Europa-List: Re: MicroAir Radio

Subject: Europa-List: Re: MicroAir Radio
From: Paul Sistern <paul@sistern.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 03:54:31

The Microair built-in intercom is not voice activated (VOX) and the volume
setting
is via a hole for a small screwdriver in the side of the case, so it can't
be adjusted without removing the radio from the panel. It's best to turn the
volume right down and use a separate intercom. That way, because it's not a VOX
system and always open mic, you will not have to listen to cockpit noise which
becomes a pain on long flights.

I have been using the MicroAir radio now for 5 years and would give it about
7/10
for performance.

As for the transponder, I was recently warned off them by ST Aviation, I believe
they have, or have had, some sort of technical problem.

Paul

Read this topic online here: