RE: Europa-List: MicroAir Radio

Subject: RE: Europa-List: MicroAir Radio
From: Mark Henwick <mark.henwick@btconnect.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 20:19:24

Hi Peter

It will be a while till I get my Europa flying, but I fitted a Microair
radio in my CT2K and then removed it due to the electrical engine noise
coming through from the Rotax.

At the time I was chosing a replacement I decided to get a transponder as
well and now have the Filser RT (ATR600) & TX (TRT800). Very happy with
them. The Microair intercom was possibly slightly better than the Filser.

Mark Henwick

>A friend of mine is wiring up his beautiful Jodel and is thinking of
>installing a MicroAir radio and transponder. Does anyone in our group have
>any experience with this make? Of particular interest is the performance of
>the intercom, since the radio seems to be o.k. in glider installations,
>where engine noise and vibrations are of no concern.
>Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

>Peter Timm
>C-GIET
># 110,Classic Mono 912S, Airmaster

11:31