Re: Europa-List: Sternpost joggle

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Sternpost joggle
From: Keith Hickling <keithhickling@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 22:34:27

Ron, here is the reply I got from Nev in response to a question about the
bottom fin rib which was too long at the front,  and the sternpost joggle:

  Hi Keith, you have sussed that out just fine, the Manual / drawings are
not correct. Trim the front of the bottom rib off, probably as much as 1'',
so it fits up against the bulkhead. With all three of the ribs,don't  try to
get to the exact dimensions, put them where they fit best.
Put a 3 ply Bid bracket from the top of the bottom rib onto the bulkhead,
1'' overlap.
With the sternpost, clamp it up with 4 pieces of 1'' angle iron, remove the
jogle from the sternpost at the top [ grind it away ], and where the top
hinge will go later, do a 3 Bid lay up over the area.
Glad to hear the wing skin went on OK, one of the key jobs, you will sleep
easier knowing it is on properly.
Cheers,
Nev.