Re: Europa-List: surging engine on take-off

Subject: Re: Europa-List: surging engine on take-off
From: Garry <garrys@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 11:32:44
Ken,  this may not apply to you but I have a Whirlwind constant speed
prop with a Jihostra hydraulic prop governor.  If my engine oil is not
fully warmed up, the prop governor will not hold a constant pitch.
Rather, it will change pitch back and forth causing an RPM surge up and
down.  If the oil is at normal operating temperatures, no problem.  It's
a long shot, but this may apply to you.  Good luck sorting this out.

Garry Stout
914 Tri,  Tampa Florida