Re: Europa-List: Seat Thoughts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Seat Thoughts
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 22:51:35
Martin,
Your last three words ("under the legs") is the key to it.
By putting support under the legs, weight is taken off the pressure
points under the 'butt'.

Seats forms moulded intimately from expanding foam are fine for racing
cars, where you need to be held firmly against the chassis for
relatively short periods. In an aeroplane, there is a need to be able to
squirm around abit and shift weight to a more comfortable position on a
long flight. A tight fitting seat (despite feeling comfortable
initially) prevents this.

Duncan McF.