Re: Europa-List: First engine start

Subject: Re: Europa-List: First engine start
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:54:41

Raimo
Congratulations and may your first flight go well.
Just a thought, the Europa mono is not the same as any other airplane
when it's on the ground and moving. You would be wise to be sure that
the first flight pilot is current on type. You need to remember that if
anything is not quite right only a current pilot will see it quickly
enough to avoid a mishap. Even a broken prop is expensive.
Graham

Raimo Toivio wrote:

> Congratulations Jos!
>
> I got today FCAA permission to test fly
> and the very first take off will be soon.
>
> Obviously we have in Finland this year
> two flying Europas!
>
> Raimo
> ===
> Raimo M W Toivio
>
> OH-XRT Europa XS Mono #417, cleared for fly
> OH-CVK C172 Skyhawk, completed, coming back home next week
> OH-BLL Beechcraft C45, w radial engines (grounded)
>
> 37500  Lempaala
> Finland
> tel + 358 3 3753 777
> fax + 358 3 3753 100
> gsm + 358 40 590 1450
>
> raimo.toivio@rwm.fi
> www.rwm.fi

wrong really. Did all the Rotax recommended oil priming, and it started
on less then a half rotation of the prop. And that by 6 C outside temperature.
Boy, this feels good, now i have to put the brakes on myself not to hurry to
finish the hundreds of things still to do before first flight. But it won't be
long!

--
Graham Singleton

Tel: +441629820187