Re: Europa-List: battery

Subject: Re: Europa-List: battery
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:41:58

You could look at the Red Top batteries. The Red Top 25 weighs in at 13lb
with a similar cranking current.

We used the Car/ Motorcycle type before (as supplied by Europa) and had
nothing but problems. Since installing the Red Top eighteen months ago the
engine starts like a dream. The Rotax 912 now cranks really well and nearly
always fires up on the first attempt.

Even after 3 months of no use (over the winter) and with no top up charge we
still managed to start after 3 attempts. There was no noticeable loss of
cranking power from the battery even after such a relatively long layoff.

I think we paid approximately 100 stirling and IMHO worth every penny.

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS

PS: Looking at the Odessy website I suspect they are the same as the Red
Top - specs appear to be similar.