Europa-List: Propeller

Subject: Europa-List: Propeller
From: UVTReith@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:36:30
Hi Europa friends!

We have had in the past a lot of discussions on propellers, but I have  neve
seen a comparisation for propulsive or propeller force and propulsion
efficiency (sorry for my poor english, I'm German).

Obviously the Warp prop (especially with 1,6 m diameter for the Mono) is a
cutt-off prop and the efficiency is not so good like a Woodcomp, M=FChlbauer
,
GT-prop and so on ?!?
I am right? Is that correct?

The max speed of my engine will be 6.000 rpm, max prop speed 2.860  rpm.
What prop would be the best:ground adjusted one  and/or   alternatively in
flight adjustable one?
Why most of us are using the Warp drive? Because it is an American one or
why?
Or is it the combination from Warp Drive and Airmaster as a common
(standard) solution?

Normally I would like to use a curved propeller blade which will also give
close to the spinner enough air pressure, so that I could keep my cowling
openings so small as possible.
This was another very informative discussion on the forum!

Thanks for some info to make me a little more wise.

Bruno Reith
XS monowheel, smart-brabus 102 HP turbocharched, Warp drive 3-blade ground
adjustable.
Will be ready for the first go in may.