Re: Europa-List: she did what she was supposed to do

Subject: Re: Europa-List: she did what she was supposed to do
From: Kim Prout <kpaviat@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:13:40

Hi Roger!
Wow, what a ride....
There were a thousand things that could have gone really wrong, but only one
way this was going to work out OK for me and Thomas. Looking at the initial
impact point at the end of the runway and where the aircraft hit a second
time below that level in a gravel clearing is certainly sobering. Anyway, I
feel blessed, with a small scratch, a small bruise and a bit of a sore neck
(probably from taking a bad tumble playing raquetball earlier that morning
anyway). Getting out of the airplane was simple. The firewall forward broke
open and tilted downward leaving a large (enough) opening that I could just
stand up and walk out through. No need to open the canopy!
This hasn't disheartened me in any way from continuing flying my Europa.
Thanks to everyone for their concern and condolences.
 I will be at Sun and Fun this year (flying out commercial) to help my
friend at IK Technologies and to visit my Uncle and my niece and her family
in Bradenton. Then June 5 through June 21, I will travel to Sweden (Gotland)
to visit Gert and Inger Martinsson at the old military airbase there that
they bought a few years ago. We're thinking about how to set up a small
Europa fly-in there.
Anyway, I hope you and your family are doing well!
Mom and Dad always ask about you and enjoy remembering the times we had
together here.
Cheers and ....happy skies!
kp