RE: Europa-List: mod 72

Subject: RE: Europa-List: mod 72
From: rick <rick@amimotormanagement.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:00:28

Sounds good to me.

Rick
G-RIKS

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Fred Klein
Sent: 15 February 2007 06:54
Subject: Europa-List: mod 72

While I do not mean to denigrate in any way the various approaches which
have been suggested to deal w/ the structural deficiency which mod 72 is
intended to correct, what comes up for me is an appreciation of the amount
of work which Europa04 has done to ensure the integrity of the aircraft. I'm
imagining the design calculations, the paperwork for the PFA, and testing
and the real costs associated therewith. The costs of the hardware is
negligible.

My concern is that I think the Europa design loses value if there is an
awareness in the experimental/homebuilt aircraft community that the engine
mounting frames were cracking and guys took it upon themselves to install
one or another kind of a fix of their own design. it seems to me that it
would be far more preferable for the story to be that there were some
failures in the engine mount, the problem was addressed by E04, a fix was
designed, tested, and approved, and every Europa flying has had the mod
installed.

I feel it is a huge benefit to me that E04 exists and continues to service
the design and kits sold by the predecessor company; I want to support them
to remain in business, and I don't begrudge them the 15 pounds for a couple
of sleeves.

...just my 2 cents (or 15 pounds) worth of  opinion....

Fred
A194