Re: Europa-List: Mod 72 question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 72 question
From: Steve Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:36:55

To all Europa owners/builders from a UK owner/now Flyer.
You may not get much out of the UK builders/owners this weekend as the Club
is having its annual away weekend including John and Roger (I believe) from
the factory.
As a 912S trigear owner I am affected by the Mod 72 and have ordered my
parts as directed by the Europa (2004) website.
I am not an expert on the subject but understand from listening to
intelligent conversations that the mod is mandatory where stated in the
Europa site but advisable for others. Whether you do the Mod will depend on
your Governing Authorities, technical understanding of the issues or your
wish to provide 'belt and braces' to your aircraft.
For those that have not visited the Europa 2004 website recently might I
suggest you do so as the sad news of the recent death of one of the key
personalities in the company might help the understanding of communication
issues.
To all of you I wish you a Happy and Successful year whether flying or
building your craft.
Steve Pitt G-SMDH
PS see you all at Sun'n'Fun.
PPS I hope I do not mislead anyone with this message - I am sure those with
more technical expertise will correct me if required.