Re: Europa-List: Mandatory mod no 72

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mandatory mod no 72
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:39:51

Hi All
When the Europa was designed it was done by people like us, with a lot
of enthusiasm, quite a bit of experience ( think Don Dykins!) but it was
still a very steep learning curve. The early builders were sometimes
ahead of the company, at least one of them wrote parts of the manual.
Just remember very few airplanes can do what a Europa does well and
there aren't as many ADs as there are on a Boeing.
Some of these ADs, possibly Mod 72, I don't know yet, are written to
save the butts of the PFA first, Europa second, but the main reason is
to line the butts of the lawyers with even more fat at our expense. So
imho, blame the US legal system which will eventually kill most
everything it touches. Our UK lawyers are a few miles behind but
catching up.
Here in Europe nobody in a position of responsibility won't make a
decision in case someone sues them.
We might be watching the end of western civilization. Race against time,
will the planet kick us off before we wreck it?
Apologies for being cinical but that is the effect govmint has on me.
Graham