Re: Europa-List: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 12:22:16

Garry
Cheapest is certainly an airline, however the sea is often crossed if
you live in Europe or if you want to visit the Bahamas or Florida?
Choice of airplane depends on the kind of flying you enjoy. I enjoy
skyscapes, mountain scenery, quiet flying and having the knowledge that
my airplane is optimised for its purpose. So, I my prefered choice would
be the XS MGlider. What is an RV7 optinised for apart from low cost and
a quick build? I never flew one but I did fly RV6 a time or 3 and found
it awfully noisy, needed a hand on the stick at all tiimes and drank an
awful lot of fuel for the same speed. I couldn't see out much either but
a fatter cushion might have cured that. Paul's 914 XS climbed to cruise
altitude much quicker but the RV caught up in the cruise after an hour.
(This was an O-320 RV)
I fear that fuel cost will hit us all pretty soon, your costs in US have
nearly doubled already haven't they? Could double again in the next few
years.
Graham