RE: Europa-List: Questions Curing the Control bits.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Questions Curing the Control bits.
From: AlStills <astills@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:14:22

Jim,
Yes I supported the wings in the bags (didn't want any sagging) but did not
monitor temps in bags. I figured at 115 deg's ambient, in full sunlight
it got to be approx 160 in the (using my truck thermometer as a gauge) bags.
As for the flying surfaces, yes I did put a probe in the plywood tunnel I
built. I consulted a fiberglass expert
that I know about the warping of the ailerons and his suggesting was to take
to 190-200 deg's for 1 1/2 hr with the surfaces clamped for
straightness and then cool slowly, so that's what I did. Haven't had any
more movement in any of the surfaces since then. Here in Phoenix when
the temps get to 115 Deg's the tarmac temps can easily get to 150 degs and
160 degs in a enclosed hanger with no air movement, so cook all
your surfaces to more than you think, you'll need. It will save having to re
do later.
Al Stills
N625AZ