RE: Europa-List: Questions Curing the Control bits.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Questions Curing the Control bits.
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 18:31:34
Al-

The plastic bag is a good idea.  I should do mine also, probably using the same
method.  Did you put any means of monitoring the temp in the bag, and did you
support the wings / ailerons in multiple places while they cured?  Large plastic
garbage bags shond like a good way to go.

Jim - A-283, Punta Gorda, FL

From: "AlStills" <astills@cox.net>

> Brian,
> I cured mine after sanding, and then had to re cure after I painted. When
> you cure...cure to 190 Deg's F and your's should be stable through the hot
> summers. The summers here in Phoenix didn't like 160 Deg cures and the
> alerons warped in the summer heat, hence, re cure. No I did not
> cure the fuse but did the wings.( here in Phoenix I placed large "black"
> plastic bags over wings,sealed, and let set out all day in the 115 Deg's
> heat, and then
> took back in in the evening after it cooled down. Haven't had a problem with

> them.
> Al Stills
> N625AZ

<DIV>Al-</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The plastic bag is a good idea.&nbsp; I should do mine also, probably using
the same method.&nbsp; Did you put any means of monitoring the temp in the bag,
and did you support the wings / ailerons in multiple places while they
cured?&nbsp;
Large plastic garbage bags shond like a good way to go.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim - A-283, Punta Gorda, FL</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 =====