RE: Europa-List: Urgent Help with Customs Officials

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Urgent Help with Customs Officials
From: Mike Gregory <m.j.gregory@talk21.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:08:26

Alan,

I don't think anything on that form applies to aircraft.  It actually says
"This form does not apply to aircraft engines" at the end of the first
paragraph.  However, there isn't a clue as to what form might apply to
aircraft, or indeed that any form is needed for spark-ignition aircraft
engines.  The EPA section relating to aircraft clearly refers to turbine
engines.

I'm glad you've owned your aircraft for over one year, so that you won't
have to pay import duty as a part-time resident of the US.

Good luck with your further research!

Mike