Re: Europa-List: Urgent Help with Customs Officials

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Urgent Help with Customs Officials
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 08:50:53
Alan

It should be a 914UL (non certified) as all the engines supplied by
Europa were for experimential aircraft. The certified engines were
installed in certified airplanes, the Katana is one example.

I would say its "other non road compression-ignition engine" but thats
just an assumption on my part. I do not know what customs want or need.

One other thing, here in the states, when a certified engine, such as a
Lycoming IO360 is installed in a experimential airplane then the engine
is considered "Experimential" and no longer a certified engine. by the
FAA.

Jim Brown