RE: Europa-List: Urgent Help with Customs Officials

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Urgent Help with Customs Officials
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:22:44

There are lots of choices, other ones that are not marine or atv related
include "non-road spark ignition engine above 19kW( or above 30kWif
displacement is at or below 1000cc) see 40CFR parts 1048 and 1068." I think
that is closest.
Other choices are including national security...manufacturer
owned...replacement engine,...extraordinary hardship...identical
configuration,...ancient engine ( I think this one will be by the time we
get it through customs!) Then there are temporary exemptions which I have
ignored and engines excluded from US EPA standards.

Today I think I will call EAA or AOPA ( lockwood aviation are closed) and
see if they have any ideas.

Regards

ALan