Re: Europa-List: Aileron tip "droop"

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aileron tip "droop"
From: Keith Hickling <keithhickling@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 20:49:58

Hi Fred,
I also have this problem, but have not yet closed the wings. I have believed
the problem is a result of the aileron closeout pressing down on the top
surface of the aileron, because when off the wings the aileron hings flange
is perfectly straight. With the ailerons mounted, lifting the closeout lets
the aileron tip rise. If so, I assume the problem will disappear when the
top skin is bonded on with a spacer between  the aileron and the closeout
with the aileron held in the correct position. Are your wings closed?

Regards,
Keith Hickling.

XS mono kit 613