Europa-List: Aileron tip "droop"

Subject: Europa-List: Aileron tip "droop"
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:14:04

All,

Finally, my XS wings are almost complete and I'm psyched to move onto
the cockpit module. I've marveled at the way the flaps and ailerons
mate with the wing washout...Ms. Europa is indeed a clean machine...and
here's the rub: I've noticed that on both wings, outboard of the
outermost aileron hinge, my ailerons "droop" about 1/16th of an inch
such that the air flow on the underside will be disturbed at the hinge
line.  I'm considering adding a short length of hinge to bring the
bottom of the aileron even with the lower wing skin.

Has anyone else had a similar condition, and if so, was it
ignored?...or how was it dealt with?

Fred
A194

...happily building, regretting delays, and envious of those in the
air...