Re: Europa-List: Perfect cooling diffuser

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Perfect cooling diffuser
From: karelvranken <karelvranken@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 23:54:18

Gilles,
This is the forum that I like most.
Average of the Europa builders have Rotax engines and the radiator (234 cm2)
and ugly cowling (underside) are part of the kit. Those who personalise
their build with other engines or modifications look forward to problems for
eligibility in the different countries in Europe. So as Remy Guerner once
said: I present my airplane for control without cowlings. But to the point
now: Your radiator is 410 cm2 and Glenn has 685 cm2. I am convinced that
your investigation and theoretical statement is correct. Why don't dare we
tell that the original radiator for EUPA is undermeasured and the cowling
design is a misfit for all those who are building following the manual?
Shall I tell you that in France the G.D.A.C. don't approve the build in of
the digitrak wingleveler because the kit is not that one who was eligible
for their administration! I was surprised to see Glenns photographs because
they show nearly what I realised and therefore encourage me to continue as
well as your technical support. But as I said already: I didn't invent the
wheel, unfortunately, and what I am doing at the moment is not finished and
tested enough, so when my cowl flap will be nearly perfect I will give you
more feadback of the results.
Karel Vranken,  F-PKRL # 447 XS Monowheel Rotax 912ULS Airmaster CSU