Re: Europa-List: THANK YOU To Those That Have Sanded Before Me... :)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: THANK YOU To Those That Have Sanded Before Me... :)
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:26:25
Happy Turkey Weekend Brian,

The fishing line technique involves taping fishing line (I used 20 LB test
line which is about .020" thick) in parallel strips from the leading edge to the

trailing edge separated a little less than the width of your straightedge.
Then you plop your filler in between the two lines and spread it out from front

to back with your straightedge resting on the two fishing lines. This should
give you a consistent thickness and nice flat finish that you can then sand
lightly. After it's set you just pull up the fishing line and fill in the
groove.

I set up several lines at a time and did my large areas fairly quickly.

I hope this helps.

Mike Duane
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear