Re: Europa-List: fuel system AN- bulkhead fittings, part II

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel system AN- bulkhead fittings, part II
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:53:34

You don't say how the tank is made. I guess it is vinyl ester
resin/glass cloth but does it have a foam core?
I just drilled the tank, (polyethylene) then pushed in the AN fitting
with a large washer each side and screwed on the nut. Warming the PE
helps soften it to get a good flat contact both sides.
In your case something similar but using Redux420 or whatever they call
it now, to form a fuel tight seal should work. You might try an O ring
in a chamfered recess to seal the tank.
Graham