Europa-List: fuel system AN- bulkhead fittings, part II

Subject: Europa-List: fuel system AN- bulkhead fittings, part II
From: D Wysong <hdwysong@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:39:11

Sorry for the bad question and confusion.  I'm finishing the
plumbing on a custom fiberglass tank (not for a Europa) and
am looking for general "lessons learned" for installing the
AN fittings.

Did you simply drill the wall of the tank or fill neck and
install the fittings with the AN nut?  Was any sort of
hardpoint or bulkhead (flox or aluminum) used?  What about
large washers?  Are your holes drilled net or are they
tapped to receive the AN fitting?  Jos mentioned using
redux.  Is that used on the outside to "seal" the fitting in
place?  Any other "gotcha!"'s I'm missing?

Thanks for any info/tips you're willing to share.