Europa-List: coolant issues?

Subject: Europa-List: coolant issues?
From: Ralph Hallett <n100rh@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:01:12

Has anyone hear of issues with the new coolant being used in Rotax 914s?
This is part of a message I received from a fellow Europa pilot.

"...I just heard today that the new waterless fluid is flammable. I saw
it burn today/ Stemme has issued an urgent SB to remove the stuff - I
heard 2 fatalities of coolant leak catching fire. The 50 - 50 solution
will not burn. Oh well! Have you heard anything about this? I also
discovered that the 100% solution of antifreeze burns too..."