Re: Europa-List: Re: M10-AN-6 was Copper Washers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: M10-AN-6 was Copper Washers
From: Horizonspace@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 23:56:12
In a message dated 10/11/2006 7:51:09 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
paul.mcallister@qia.net writes:

Bob  et all,

I  was wondering during your searches had you come accross a 16mm banjo with
an  AN fitting.  It would be nice to have one on the  sump.

I am  using 666 braided teflon but the hose nipple is 12mm whereas the 666
hose is  1/2".  It would be great if I could terminate it properly.  I am
currnetly using double hose clips, it works but its a but of a  kludge.

Paul

Paul et al,

We used a M16 to AN-8 adapter and swivel hose end fitting.  We got the
adapter from Lockwood for a whopping $56.05.  The Rotax Parts Manual listed  the

part as an option for the sump connection.  The Rotax PN is 956650  (Adapter
3/4-16 UNF/M16x1,5).  In hindsight, we could have used the same  part from
anplumbing.com (PN 9919EFJ) or from summitracing.com (PN  EAR-9919EFJERL or PN

AER-FBM2243 or PN RUS-670551).  The latter parts can  be bought for as low as
$6.95

ea.)

If you want to stay with the banjo setup, you can get Mocal adapters from
batinc.net.  PN BJ168M is a M16 banjo with AN-8 Male end and PN 168H is a  M16

Banjo with AN-8 Hose end.  They also have parts to mate to larger  AN-10.

Happy plumbing!

Tam