RE: Europa-List: Re: Taildragger conversion battery position.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Taildragger conversion battery position.
From: William Daniell <wdaniell@etb.net.co>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:22:45

Has anybody done this for the trigear?

The steel legs are pretty heavy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of flyingphil2
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 03:26

I'm at quite an early stage of a Europa rebuild project but am already
considering the conventional taildragger mod.  I've tried to contact Luc Job
regarding the hoop but with no luck.

With regards to the carbon undercarriage hoop, would there be any issues
with getting it made elsewhere?  I work for a company that does a lot of
carbon lay ups (it builds racing cars) and it also has a licence to do
aerospace work (it build radomes for aircraft and helicopters etc).  If a
lay-up manual was available and tooling could be borrowed / re-manufactured
then a small run of hoops could be made in the UK.  I'm not sure what the
requirements from the PFA would be and whether new drop tests and
certification would need to be carried out due to a new supplier.

Please note the motivation for this would not be to take work away from the
guy in Switzerland but just to ensure a continued and maybe more reliable
supply of hoops for aircraft flying and new builds.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can take things further at work.

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org
http://www.europaowners.org/viewtopic.php?p=12912#12912