Re: Europa-List: Re: Taildragger conversion battery position.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Taildragger conversion battery position.
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 12:47:50

Phil
I thought PFA had decided they would not aprove any more carbon leg
conversions, there have been some failures?
imho the carbon leg is too stiff, a better alternative would be S glass
uni for the bending and carbon for the torsion. Long EZ legs are all S
glass with E glass torsion layups.
I think the original carbon legs were made by Arplast but I could be wrong.
Graham

flyingphil2 wrote:

>I'm at quite an early stage of a Europa rebuild project but am already
>considering
the conventional taildragger mod.  I've tried to contact Luc Job regarding
the hoop but with no luck.