Europa-List: Re: bronze tint vs. clear glazing

Subject: Europa-List: Re: bronze tint vs. clear glazing
From: europa flugzeug fabrik <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 17:17:16

No flight exp yet, but if I take my amber tint glass outside at night, the
reduction
in light transmission seems less than 15%.  An advantage of amber is better
contrast during daytime.  It will mean I would not need my amber tint sunglasses
(Serengetti), but just my slightly tinted bifocal eyeglasses (VariLux
progressives,
the ones w/o lines).  I now need latter to fly the Grumman AA-5,
and I wish it had amber tint windows. Note that I now dont need sunglasses as
bad as when younger, with a slight case of cataracts. Otherwise, Id have to buy
VariLux in sunglass tint, and VariLux are priced like airplane parts!

Fred F.

Read this topic online here: