Europa-List: bronze tint vs. clear glazing

Subject: Europa-List: bronze tint vs. clear glazing
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:52:47

I'm one who got stiffed on the windscreen & windows w/ the demise of
Europa Acft. and am pondering the question of tinted vs. clear glazing.
I've concerns regarding night flying w/ the tinted plexi, and at the
same time wonder about overheating if I go w/ the clear. I've seen some
Europas which compensate for the extra heat gain w/ the clear by using
overhead screens which are suction-cupped to the "roof".

Is there anyone who regrets their choice (whichever it was) who would
share their experiences?

Is it feasible to extend one's painted finish over some portions of the
plexiglas?...perhaps in some manner which might mitigate overheating
without unduly limiting visability?

Any comments gratefully received,

Fred
A194