RE: Europa-List: Flap Placement

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flap Placement
From: Peter Field <Peter.Field@hgfield.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:29:16

We had exactly the same problem with our flaps. We found that the
problem lay with the position of the flap hinges bolted to the wing. We
had to elongate the holes in the flap hinges to enable the flap to fully
retract against the wing. Once we had done this the flaps came up that
extra 3/8". We had to replace the flap hinges and r edrill the holes in
the correct place.
We were advised that it was not acceptable to leave it as it was.

Peter Field
Kit 566