Re: Europa-List: Skidded turn traffic pattern stall video

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Skidded turn traffic pattern stall video
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:37:31

Duncan, I find that on approach idling I have 550 fpm down (from memory) and
this increases to 700-750 down with full L. rudder side slip. Not dramatic
but if you have got a forced landing approach almost right it is a perfect
way of fine tuning. If you are way too high then S turns are the thing, but
they bring their own risks of course. Regards, David