Re: Europa-List: Skidded turn traffic pattern stall video

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Skidded turn traffic pattern stall video
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:54:09

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't find  sideslipping a Europa to be
a beneficial means of losing height on the approach. That is (in addition to
the fact that sink rate isn't  increased by much), given the lack of
confidence in the ASI reading during a side slip, I always make sure to
speed up a bit. That  means extra speed when coming out of the side slip and
(if it's a short strip) a missed approach as a consequence. Or if the height
control is needed further out on the approach, S-turns will do the job.
Co-ordinated of course!

Duncan McF.