Europa-List: RE: Wing drop in the stall

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Wing drop in the stall
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:54:39

Sorry to drag on with this subject, but questions remain.
My limited experience on the Europa are one test flight with Andy on the GBXS
before
i even had a PPL. Power off stall was easy, heavy buffeting and a very gentle
wing drop on further slowdown. The next stalls were on 2 Classics that came
to visit my home airport. Both dropped the left wing without any warning but
the stall warners and violently, and frightened the hell out of me. Last time,
last day day for Andy at the factory, Andy was test flying the demonstrator
and i was writing down the numbers, same benign stall pattern. Now the
questions:
:-) Are the Classics more prone to wing drop?  Do XS wings have the same
behavior?  Could a minor tolerance between the wing setup (angle of attack,
sweep)
be a cause of wing drop in stall? Do i understand correctly that stall strips
are spoiling the good wing to the same quality as the bad wing? In what
class are the speed penalties involved?

Kind Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen
Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://www.europaowners.org/