Re: Europa-List: Europa Oshkosh Accident

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Oshkosh Accident
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:12:53

What's confusing to me is the witness statement that he was "low and
slow on downwind". Getting slow and low on final is somewhat
understandable, esepcially if he was attempting to do a short field
landing, but getting low on downwind seems a bit strange. Is it
possible that his static port was malfunctioning, giving an incorrect
altitude and airspeed?