Europa-List: Re: Airspeed awareness in the circuit

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Airspeed awareness in the circuit
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:35:35

Having a stall warning alarm has to be better than nothing at all but it
probably
won't give you much protection in the case of an accelerated stall in a Europa.
I have stalled my Europa many times (at height, of course) and, often, one
of the wings will go down very quickly.

My belief is that if the airspeed is maintained within the "safe zone"  (given
the aircraft weight and weather conditions) then you are unlikely to stall
unless
the controls are operated inappropriately.

Regards,

Mark

Read this topic online here: