Europa-List: How to get updated Rotax Manuals?

Subject: Europa-List: How to get updated Rotax Manuals?
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:11:22

Figure I should clog up Archives with an easy search on how to get up to
date rotax manuals.

Here is a repost I made to Rotax group.

Ron Parigoris

Hello David

"So how do I get an updated manual?"

Ain't as easy as you think. Get proper mindset and ain't so bad.

First you need to get latest manuals offered by Rotax or update the
manuals you have to reflect the latest. You can download them, info in
Post I made to Europa Group below on how to do so.

These manuals are in no way up to date or complete. You need to massage
into the latest manuals "ALL" Alert Service Bulletins, Service Bulletins,
Service Instructions and Service Letters that pertain to you. You can sign
up on line so new information will be E-Mailed to you from sign up date
on.

Initial I went back to 2000 when I was compiling information for my 914UL,
then to be sure I went back further, missed some important stuff. Gotta go
back to the beginning, there are cases where a newer piece mandates you
follow something prior, or just plain old important stand alone stuff back
there.

I know that this is bad news to some, but instead of complaining, put
effort into educating yourself and having the info you need. Set aside a
night or 2 a week. My Rotax 4 inch binder has the front and rear covers
parallel.

I wish I could order up to date manuals by simply giving my engine serial
number, and what shows up is current to that date, and only need to update
---From that date on. I know of no one who does this.

To make sure the covers of your book is parallel too, add:

http://www.greenskyadventures.com/engineservice/TechTips/912Ignition/912IgnDiagrahm.htm

http://www.rotaxservice.com/rotax_tips/rotax_troubleshooting.htm
Be sure to not only to check out troubleshooting, but look at PPT for
causes of vibration

Another way to get manuals and info:
http://www.rotec.com/sdocintro.htm

Look for info in California Power Systems paid for Catalog, think I may
have some stuff in there from Leading Edge Airfoils.

Ron Parigoris

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Posted to Europa Newsgroup, just enter engine you have if not a 914UL:

Read on what Rotax has to say:

SI-914-003 Checking And Lubrication Of The Wastegate 6/1999 167
Under certain conditions, when operating using leaded fuels (AVGAS), lead
deposits may form on the turbo wastegate pivot shaft. These lead deposits
may cause the wastegate to stick and prevent proper turbocharger
operation.

Go here:
http://www.rotax-owner.com/sdocs.htm
Click "By Engine Model"
Select 914UL
Look under service instructions and read SI-914-003

In essence it says to use a penetrant, but if that does not work, to open
up turbo and go after the shaft from the inside. good luck not breaking
any hardware.

All would be well advised to read and print "ALL" Alert Service Bulletins,

Service Bulletins, Service Instructions and Service Letters that apply to
you and your engine.

Then update and make notes in your manuals as you comply.

Of course you have all manuals??

If not go to:
http://www.kodiakbs.com/
Click Tech Info
Click Maintenance Manual

http://www.rotax-aircraft-engines.com/aircraft/aircraft.nsf/index?Openpage

Click Documentation

Get a Install Manual and Operators Manual
Monitoring Program
Parts Catalog