Europa-List: RE: Sad News - Oshkosh Accident

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Sad News - Oshkosh Accident
From: ThrustSSC <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:44:29

Folks,

Gerry sums my feelings up perfectly. I emailed Cliff and Betty last week to say
I was arriving in town at the weekend and did they want to get together for
lunch?
Betty told me they'd be off to Oshkosh, and sorry we couldn't meet up, and
we had a lovely chat about Liza and my plans for the barn we're converting.

I'm sat in my hotel room in Seattle in the wee hours with the usual jetlag, and
DaveBuzz just called to let me know the awful news. I have no idea how I'm going
to tell Liza - she was desperately fond of Cliff and Betty who were two of
the kindest, most generous, most interesting and fundamentally decent people
I've ever met. I met them through this Forum, and Liza did likewise when we got
engaged over here - when Betty knew perfectly well what was planned for the
next day. She enjoyed that little secret enormously. That they took the time and
expense to travel to England last year, visit us, and be special guests at
our wedding meant so much to us both. The Wile E Coyote was a lovely plane, too,
and Cliff and I had a wonderful weekend earlier this year checking out the
local volcanos, both dormant and active, from the air in her. She flew
beautifully
and was a huge credit to Cliff.

My trips to Seattle will never be the same. No more looking for opportunities to
go over and see them.

My heart goes out to Mike and Paul and the rest of their family, who were all so
close to them.

Regards to all,
Jeremy
Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://www.europaowners.org/