RE: Europa-List: Auto pilot

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Auto pilot
From: peter.rees01@tiscali.co.uk
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:42:11

Hi Alain

I've no experience of their vertical navigation equipment but have found
that the roll axis product (EZ Pilot) from Trio is very well made. They were
using the Navaids servo but have since started making their own due to poor
quality of the bought in ones.

Their customer support is second to none - when we had a problem (fault was
with the GPS, not their product), they took a proactive approach and sorted
it all at their own expense (including posting the product and our GPS back
---From the US to the UK).

I understand that their recommendation is for the servo to attach as far
back in the elevator control system as possible (not so easy if you've put
the top on!) - of you don't, the system will hunt due to all the little bits
of free play that exist in the system.

I also believe that they?re continually working on updates to their system
to give altitude hold, vertical speed preselect, altitude preselect etc.
 Hmmm ? getting tempted myself now??

That?s just my view on their products ? if you can?t get it to work, they
will!

Regards

Peter

Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!