Europa-List: Re: Rectifier-Regulator 91X

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Rectifier-Regulator 91X
From: europa flugzeug fabrik <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 06:18:11

rholder@avnet.co.uk wrote:
> What I am getting is a visible current fluctuation, which I believe is
> _caused_
by a less visible voltage fluctuation.

It takes very little change in voltage to cause large swings in current.  Have
you tried replacing the 22,000uf capacitor?  You stated that older regulators
work, but a run of new ones do not.  It's possibe a redesign of the Rotax
regulator
circuit is more dependent upon the integrity of that big capacitor.

Visible oscillation of the amp needle sounds like the difference between two
high
frequencies (beating) present both within and external to the regulator. If
so, this would be evident at only specific RPMs, as you report.

Mounting thse big caps in the engine room is not good -- heat. This can
accelerate
failure.

Fred F.

Read this topic online here: